I realize that I may offend someone with this post, but unless you respond on here, I won't see it for a few days. That is because I plan to take a break from Facebook for a while. I am grieved and heart sick over the tragedy in Connecticut yesterday. I have spent a lot of time in prayer, on my knees, and in tears. I have not watched much of the news coverage (except for a few minutes while waiting for the baby to get stitched up). However, my newsfeed has been flooded with information to which I feel I should not be privy.
I saw a list of the victim's names on my newsfeed tonight. I paused on each name as I focused only on the first names and their birthdays. I saw that most were very close to my youngest son's age. Then, I stopped myself. How is this information necessary? How is it my business? How can I even remotely think I can relate because my son, who is sleeping peacefully in his bed, was born in the same year? I sickened myself.
I cannot pretend to know how I would feel about this were I a parent or family member of a victim. I simply know that it really upset my spirit to see it. As far as I'm concerned, there is only one name that makes any difference in this situation. Only one name I need to know or speak. Only one name that can offer any peace. Only one name that knows the hearts and minds of each person affected and who holds their loved ones in His arms. That name is Jesus. Cry out to Him!
I will not be made to feel bad because my prayers are the only thing I can offer to the families affected. I will not enter into any sort of debate/discussion about gun control or how we need more/less laws/security/money/government etc. All we need is more Jesus. I choose to step away from the newsfeed and pray.
You are a wise and Godly woman. I appreciate your post. You are an encouragement and blessing to me.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for saying what I having wanting to say. I having been feeling the same thing and staying far away from facebook most of the day. Prayers...that is exactly what is needed.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sally! Keep praying!
ReplyDeleteI totally respect your decision!!! Love you! -Candy V.
ReplyDelete