Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Card conundrum

Today I came home from church (after being challenged about slothfulness) with a list of things to accomplish today...decorating, crafting, laundering, cuddling, exercising, playing, reading and Christmas carding.  I accomplished one thing all afternoon after lunch.  I got the Christmas cards done.  (I also drank half a Mt. Dew and ate a bunch of Hot and Spicy Cheez-it's but that doesn't exactly count, right?) 

I spend a while browsing the different card types, the different sites and their prices, which pictures to use and so on.  Then, I picked the card, uploaded the pictures, chose my witty caption and message and even included a little bonus artwork on the back done by my sweet 8yo.  Ahhh....now I can relax. 

Rewind to last year.  Picture this:  all 7 of us dressed up real purdy-like holding hands, walking through a field with beautiful fall foliage behind us, smiling and talking as we walked.  The professional photographer smiling as she captured the perfection that is our family (ha!).  Beautiful picture.  I made exquisite cards from the perfect pictures.  In fact, they were double-sided card stock ornaments!  "Oh, Kim!  I just LOVE your cards!  Simply the best one I've ever seen!!  I will cherish it and hang it on the tree every year now!"  (that was my imagination running away...) 

Did you get your perfect 2011 ornament card from us?  No?  Yeah, unless I handed it to you, you didn't get one.  The beautiful cards came in square envelopes which required more postage.  Did the site warn me before I ordered?  Yes, but no big deal, I can just bring them in to the post office and mail them.  Nope.  Between the two littles getting sick, the big ones being off school and my procrastination in ordering them and waiting for them to be shipped, I ran out of time.  No problem, I'll send them late, blog about how I didn't get them out in time (everyone will understand since I have a 2 month old and 4 other kids) and put the blog address on the envelope.  Everyone will still love and cherish my cards and get a good laugh about it, right?  You didn't get that late card either?

Sigh, I just found the envelopes with the cards that never made it to my lovely family and friends that I didn't see last year.  *hangs head in shame. If you want the perfect card with the perfect family picture, let me know and I'll hand it to you when I see you next, but don't expect me to mail it--I don't have that kind of postage. 

This year, I decided not to take any chances.  I uploaded my address list to the website, and they sent them for me (an extra $10 seems totally worth it!).  You're welcome.  You should have your card in time for Christmas this year...unless I didn't have your address.  Then, look for it by Easter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment