Saturday, July 2, 2011

All-American Day

So, I love reading other people's blogs about their families and thought it might be time for us Hillardbillies to have one.
I'll just start with today.
Took the girls to Starbucks on the way to the Bloomington Farmers Market.  I ordered my drink and snack and then the 2yo started her order.  It went like this:
Hi! I'd like a chai tea latted with no eggs.  Umm Hmm.  Thank you.
Then, she smacked her lips in satisfaction.  I guess I've ordered the same thing a few times, except, I didn't get the bacon sandwich with no eggs today.

We proceeded on to the farmers market where we danced, played tag, chatted with friends old and new and bought a few goodies.  Looking forward to fresh cucumbers and making zucchini bread. 

On our way home, we stopped to pick up some supplies to make these striped strawberries for a neighborhood party this evening.

The boys stayed home while Daddy trimmed the neighbor's tree. They thought it was great to sit in the sawdust laden breeze and drink juice boxes and eat potato chips (provided by the neighbor, of course we don't have such unhealthy snacks around here ;-)  They thought it more thrilling and entertaining than an episode of Axe Men.  They were quick to haul the branches to the street and help Daddy rake up the leftovers.
After a couple of hours, their PaPaw came to pick them up for a trip to the batting cages.  They all got some good hits while there.  PaPaw, the softie, was feeling a bit bad about leaving the girls home, so he called and asked us to meet him for lunch.  We ate at one of our favorite spots, Dairy Queen.  Then, it was back to the funpark for bumper boat rides.  Oh how they all loved to get wet and to try to spray me as I cheered them on from the deck.

Now, the big 3 are playing legos while the baby is napping before a baseball game for the oldest with the neighborhood party and cookout to follow.  What an All-American type of day.  

1 comment:

  1. Nice opening blog. Impressed by your productive day. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete