So, I'm still not so sure if I'm liking couponing. Haven't quite gotten that "couponing high" so many other describe...come to think of it...I never got the runner's high either which is probably why I don't run, much.
Anyway, I subscribed to a local group that sends me the local matchups with the local paper, ordered 2 papers for Sunday delivery and am gleaning extra coupons from my neighbors. Good start, eh?
Let's just say preparedness is not this "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants-girl"'s strong suite. Nor, is it my husband's--okay, so maybe it is his (remember the paper towels and the windex at the park?). After a hectic day of me not feeling well and a trip to the er to check out the baby (all is well--she's just good at cutting off my circulation), he had to go to the store to pick up "dinner" on Sunday night. Well, "dinner" cost $120. There goes my budget! So, what to do now? Do I still spend more to get the items that are only on sale this week and for which I have coupons, or do I skip a week (gasp!)?
See, if I had been prepared, as instructed by my coupon guru, I would have had a list in hand with the coupons for the week all ready for the next trip to the store. I could have sent him in with the list and the coupons and he should have done as well as I would have, right? Not too likely. I'm pretty sure I've never seen Clint use a coupon on anything, except maybe at Lowe's. Lesson: be prepared.
I also dragged all 4 kids to the Lair of Covetousness aka Toys R Us for $5 diapers yesterday. Just wanting to have a back-up stash of disposables even though I mostly use cloth. Our Toys R Us is remodeling...not so fun to navigate. Guess how many $5 diapers they had left? ZERO. Not one and they weren't offering rain checks :-( boo! I had already spent a while on the computer trying to find some printable coupons that could help me make it a better deal. What a waste of time! Lesson: call first on crazy sales like that.
Oh well. Now, I'm having the kiddos clean for small group tonight (still not feeling 100%) while I figure out which deals are the ones I need to get this week. I am thankful for the legwork being done for me (the coupon matchups). Lesson: work smarter, not harder.
I'll let you know how it goes. Think it'll be Target, Walgreens and Jewell (my fav) if I can make it to all 3 this week.
I always think couponing sounds hard! Good luck :)
ReplyDelete